View Single Post
Old 2010-04-20, 19:24   Link #438
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Man, I do kinda envy the viewers who watched the movie but haven't read the novels.

Is it just me? Or did that stab seem more painful watching the movie than reading the book?
It's the ability of animation/live action to visually show it to you (enhanced as well) instead of you having to picture in your mind. While reading you, and I did the same as well, likely said "oh Kyon's getting stabbed by Asakura, where did that come from?" instead of thinking "Wow! He just got stabbed!" Visually it is an impressive scene and likely one that they focused on to get correctly adapted.

Quote:
Huh?
I thought is WAS a real background.
It was animated. I've seen many film bookmarks (whose links have expired, thanks a lot) that show it's a animation rather than real. Unfortunately, none of the backgrounds in the guidebook are from that scene.

Quote:
Now that really does sound like something Koizumi would say, nice deduction.
One thing:
Lawyer superpower#3: Pure logic...

Quote:
But yeah...
Spoiler:
The beauty of that explanation is that any plot holes that could come up are solved simply by that person.

There's one big question if we continue down that line of thinking:
Spoiler:

Quote:
There were a few things they skipped out though, which I did want to see:
"You should script your lies better" after they got changed.
- "Does this girl have concept of knocking?"
- "I'm sure her stomach is made of the same stuff as everyone else, the only thing different is that brain of hers" when Kyon comments on the hotpot

But then, there's been many times where they had to skip some of Kyon's inner monologue due to time constraints in the TV series, so nothing new there.
They left out my favorite Koizumi/Kyon dialogue!
"So am I just paying for Suzumiya-san only?"

If you're paying for me as well, I'll tell you even more.

"Then, I'm all ears,"

Quote:
Does anyone know how much of their budget KyoAni bombed on this movie? After watching it, it does make you think "so THAT'S where all the money went..."
Keep in mind that they started working on the movie at or around August 2009, giving about 5 months to work on one piece of animation (if we assume that everything was done by January, if it wasn't, then they had 6 months). They didn't air anything in the Fall or Winter coups so they had the chance to focus solely on this movie. For a company that churns out weekly episodes, that's a lot of time and detail for one movie.

Quote:
I think the best part of this movie was Kyon's 'realisation' sequence. I can see where people are coming from when they said that part was very EVA-like, but the whole cinematics and emotional impact was delivered amazingly.
I was sort of expecting Pokemon shock kind of lighting effects during the time travel parts, but I guess we won't see that until the 'resolution' episode... if its EVER gonna be animated.
Kaisos will get onto me about having hope, but I think the success of this movie almost guarantees we'll be seeing the resolution animated, if nothing else simply to finish what they started.

That whole sequence was one of the best monologues/talking to oneself/hitting oneself over the head/mindtrip scenes I could imagine. I cannot wait to see that in person.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-04-20 at 19:29. Reason: providing link to joke