View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 18:55   Link #61
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And the stupid thing is I could have looked it up, I played 100% of TL1 that way.
Ever since Diablo 1, when playing this type of game I tend to hold SHIFT instinctively when attacking... even with melee characters. Not the most efficient move in those cases, but I find it to be worth it when it prevents my ranged character from walking somewhere I didn't mean her to.

Torchlight 2 has also added CTRL-click, which does nothing at all unless you click on an attackable object or enemy, at which point you attack it in whatever fashion your weapons make appropriate: melee-folks will head in to smack it while ranged folks will shoot it. Can sometimes be a double-edged sword, if (as I do) you hold down the mouse on a target in order to keep attacking it until it dies, and the target wanders away from you. Your character will follow to keep it in range, ignoring the fact that there may be a few dozen other monsters swarming around between you and it who you currently aren't killing, and who are all perfectly willing to chomp on you while you're chasing down that one guy.

Use every tool in moderation, is probably the lesson here. Stuff is useful under specific circumstances, but probably shouldn't be used in others. Common sense.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote