View Single Post
Old 2011-02-18, 14:41   Link #126
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
The cost in lives refers to the humans who are dying to witches and familiars, while you're negotiating with Kyoko. Hell, every moment you let that one get away, is another moment it could feed on someone.

And I'd say Sayaka's choice is fine emotionally and rationally; someone needed to be an MG, and if she hadn't, Madoka would be dead now, or worse. The only issue is one that she shares with Madoka, in that neither one of them thought to ask about the details. If you don't read the fine print going in, some would say you deserve what you get.

Even now, I'm wondering if they ever will.

Then again, the plot relies on them not asking so Gen can keep things in shadows.
If Sakaya doesn't negotiate with Kyoko, every time she wants to kill a familiar Kyoko intervene. If Sayaka fights Kyoko, she gets killed. In other words, I can see Sayaka can save anyone from familiar if she chooses to oppose Kyoko.

I never said her decision of becoming MG was irrational (but I do think so but it's irrelevant). All I said was Sayaka made wrong decision when dealing with Kyoko. Disagreeing on all things with someone who is out of her league and has intent to kill her is hardly a wise decision.