View Single Post
Old 2012-01-29, 14:13   Link #59
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I thought Saegusa means "seven grass" but the kanji in its name looks just like go "5". And the kanji in Chiba looks like "7"...

In chapter prologue it's said that there are powerful magic technicians equal to nuclear weapons. Is that really true? Does that mean that they can nuke a country on a whim using their magic? Aren't they truly monsters? How can our protagonist best them?
I don't know what you mean by "looking like" since kanji are not equal to Arabic numerals, which the Chinese and Japanese don't use until modern times. Which means, there's nothing strange at all since there's no such resemblance to me at all.

Where did it say that? It only says they are powerful enough to stop nukes, not nuke something. They are not equivalent, especially given how detailed the mechanics are (they drive me nuts just from reading it alone, not translate mind you), you cannot map one to the other just like that.

I can say that one of the reasons, why I refuse to give spoilers, is because I can't give accurate spoilers without referring to many many many paragraphs again. Because the magic mechanics are way too detailed and extremely well thought out. Explanations of fights take many pages more than the fights themselves, and I always got lost through reading it.

Spoiler for for an idea of what kind of knowledge is needed to understand the powers of the characters:

And the problem is I can't remember all the details especially given how detailed they are. In a way, it may be easier to understand some parts if you have a Physics background.

Spoiler for next manga chapter prediction:

And it will be faster to learn Japanese than wait.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote