View Single Post
Old 2008-08-08, 20:13   Link #731
poptart
come tess me now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
What? Most of those examples pointed out that the anime characters I used as examples are most likely stronger. Don't put words in my mouth.
no need to put words in your mouth... by not giving any filler character to date that has been STRONGER THAN than any current character from the manga and only refering to them as being equal to the characters you basically proved the point that filler characters cant be stronger than the real characters...

now if you have an instance where there is a filler character that was STRONGER THAN any of the real characters i'd love to hear it... as i tend to forget the filler episodes there is a strong chance that you are correct on this...

i am mean proven to be stronger through action in the anime... not a guess or conclusions or opinions. i'm talking asskickery proof...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Again, being anime original don't have a thing to do with anything you're talking about. The only reason it wouldn't have say a new powerup is because it takes place in between manga chapters. Anything that takes place at an earlier time can't reveal a new powerup because it takes place in the "past". Look at a certain recent manga arc(not going into details, this is an anime thread after all)... it couldn't show anything new because it took place in the past.
actually it really does... if the filler episodes were truly apart of this "anime continuity" or whatever then they should have license to add new layers to the overall story in a significant way. not just comedic sidekicks in the form of smart mouthed stuffed animals, not just rehash old plot points and development, and not dumb down characters to avoid altering the original storyline.

they never have, and never will, revel a new power up or character development because their would story is inconsequential to the original storyline. you could remove the whole bount filler arc and not have anything missing from the original story.

just because the filler arc happened in the past does not negate the fact that it has ample opportunity to alter and add to the original story if indeed it had anything to do with it... which it doesnt. there are plenty of characters whoes pasts we dont know that could have been brought to life if not for the fact that fillers are not made to bring anything new to the table...

they are meant to kill time till things can get back to the original story... fact