View Single Post
Old 2010-10-31, 02:34   Link #252
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Secret Chiefs are higher spiritual beings that oversees the magical operation of the world or even cosmic order.

In real life, Anna Sprengel and Aleister were said to attain the state of a Secret Chief.
Though, the existence of Anna Sprengel was never proven.

As for Crowley, he said he had attained the state of 8=3, the stage that is corresponding to the Secret Chief and the circle of Binah of the Sephiroth. Aiwass is on a higher state of 10=1 and performs his will through Crowley.
Quoting Crolwey himself from Equinox: "I now incline to believe that Aiwass is not only the God or Demon or Devil once held holy in Sumer, and mine own Guardian Angel, but also a man as I am, insofar as He uses a human body to make His magical link with Mankind, whom He loves, and that He is thus an Ipsissimus, the Head of the A.'.A.'."
I find it amusing how they incorporate and warp Vajrayana Buddhism and Kabbalistic practices into works like Theosophy and we get the Secret Chief principle from it....with the very ungodlike RL Crowley claiming such a status...shows you just how much people back then desired exploration of unknown cultures...