View Single Post
Old 2011-11-30, 03:17   Link #2245
Yunbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelatsuki View Post
Well reading your post I remembered something in the movie that I overlooked at first. THE big difference between movie Ranka and series Ranka.

Series Ranka only had one confirmed friend and probably had talked to michael and luca trough her or Ozma, but they were more like acquaintances.

Movie Ranka was friends with Michael, Luca, Klan and Alto (and later Sheryl and one could argue that she will befriend Nana again); this makes a great difference since friends also help build confidence, something that helps one to grow up, Ranka in the movie had a memory that held her responsible of the situation and friends that helped to boost her confidence in herself (I'm pretty sure that series Ranka would have crashed even if the revelation happened as soon as in the movies).

This is what makes the great difference between them, lack of friends surely caused a great deal of Ranka's selfishness since she really didn't need to care for others before. Of course being selfish also helped with her spoiledness and childishness and VOILA series Ranka is born!

I think this is a WAY better explanation to Ranka's Childishness in the series than her amnesia. Someone else agrees?

Well the closest thing I have near me to a Ranka fan is another friend of mine that liked her despite my very vocal hate for her (she just recently watched the series).

And well in her case it was a no brainer she likes cute stuff and Ranka was cute, end of history.
(she also liked a whole lot of the cast including Sheryl.)
I asked her if she didn't have a problem with Ranka's decisions or action but I guess the experience does change from a week by week viewing than from a marathoned one.
I agree. XD
I actually have/had two friends that were like Movie Ranka and Series Ranka, minus the amnesia part and I must say my friend that was like series Ranka was very clingy to me. >3<