Thread: Licensed Tenjo Tenge!
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-03, 01:44   Link #41
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
Face it, the story in Ten Ten is not all that great. It was interesting at first but it didn't evolve, its just the same thing over and over again. Guy get stronger and fight strong enemies, thats not a great story.

I agree that the artwork is superb, i'm actually a big fan of Oh! Great's artwork, but the artwork alone doesn't make a manga great. And if you don't think fanservice is what drives it then your crazy. Whenever people mention Ten Ten they talk about the sex scenes and all that crap in it.

And in the latest volume, a lady was kidnapped just so she could be raped by a bunch of guys, oh please, sex scenes and the fanservice is whats making this manga sell.

Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho, and pretty much every other fighting manga i've read is 100 times better than Ten Ten, so the only thing TT has to offer is fanservice.

Ikkitousen came after Ten Ten, but what i'm saying is that they are pretty much the same thing, wheather Ikki copied Ten Ten or whatever people might think.

I appreciate the manga for what it is, fanservice. So no, its not my lose.
Finally! Someone else who thinks Tenten isn't the greatest thing ever. Its just fanservice and fighting. That's it. Nothing new, nothing special. Want your fanservice and fighting fix, then watch it (or read it) but I didn't see anything revolutionary in it. (Or for my tastes, entertaining.)
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote