View Single Post
Old 2012-01-07, 09:39   Link #1750
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sex is the crux of the matter for this conclusion, actually. Essentially, Olivie and Klaus couldn't have been married or in some kind of relationship (legally) because Einhart is not the Sankt Kaiser.

We know that Klaus died relatively shortly after his final battle with Olivie. He certainly never moved on, because it's implied (or stated, I'm not too clear on it atm) in time to find someone else to fall in love with, but he still was able to have descendants that carried his genes and memories--Einhart has to have some genetic link that is directly from Klaus to inherit her looks and problem.

Which means Klaus must've been had children with someone else before Olivie's death, and it wasn't with Olivie--if he had fostered children with Olivie, Jail simply would've needed to find whoever descended from that line into the current day to activate the Saint's Cradle--he was a pragmatist, if nothing else. But Einhart obviously didn't have the Sankt Kaiser genetic code in her, and Vivio's creation was necessary, so Jail stole the shroud and so on and so forth.

So either Klaus and Olivie had an entirely platonic relationship, or Klaus was in love with Olivie and she never returned his feelings/didn't find out about them.
Raise mentioned they might have been like brother and sister, which I think actually fits in with the general theme of Nanoha so far: People who are really close to each other, but not in the romantic sense. After all, I can see Nanoha and Fate as sisters.

I have noticed there is a tendency for people to see two people who are close, and immediately think they MUST have a desire to bone each other. People can be just close, like family, and I think the Olive/Klaus thing continues the tradition in Nanoha of favoring close friendships over romantic entanglements.

On another note... would it matter if Einhart was the descendent of Olive and Klaus? The bias against related people having relationships, comes from the fact that offspring can suffer genetically. Other than the squick factor, I don't see any logical issues with Vivio and Einhart becoming an item, even if they are distantly related somehow. I don't think they can have a child together the natural way, heh.

Having said that, if they are related, I wouldn't particularly care to see them pair up. And regardless of relations, I'd prefer to keep seeing the nakama angle: people who are real close friends with each other, but not romantically involved. I personally feel romantic feelings would distract from the main themes.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote