View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 01:44   Link #485
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I'm not sure about either of these things (and, to be clear, I completely forget what happened in the game in this regard, so I'm only going on what the anime is saying).

In Episode 4, Satsuki implies that she's making the budget cuts for a reason, and implores him to read her full manifesto. When Yuuki does read the manifesto, the first thing he discovers is the bit about the scholarship students. So there is clearly a connection between the need to save money, and whatever they intend to do about the scholarship students. If they were to abolish the program, you would think that would save money, which should invalidate the need for all the cutbacks. So, I don't think it would make any sense from what we've seen if her proposal is to use the club savings (?) to eliminate a scholarship program. It does make more sense, in context, if her proposal is to at least replace the scholarship program with something else so that the students will be recognized as full-fledged students, and not be bully targets.

They also previously commented that some of her policies regarding the scholarship students wasn't terribly popular, and given that they seem to be widely disliked, I don't think a policy about "getting rid of them" would provoke that reaction (isn't that what the bullies want?).

So yeah... something isn't clear here.

edit
also there is no POOR student who is is lower than rank 50
i know since in my school and collage all top rankees half of them are the lower than the lower class people...

Edit: Ah!
Yes, I see. So that means basically both original points are right, but hyl misstated slightly. She is eliminating the financial aid program (support based on financial need) and replacing it with a scholarship program (support based on academic merit regardless of financial status). So it means that some students who aren't up to academic par may be asked to leave, but those who remain will be those with academic merit. And because of that, the students in the scholarship program won't have to work to supplement the amount of the scholarship, thus the program will be more expensive than the existing system. Hence the need for cuts to the clubs.
well one can have high academic merit if one persist
it may sound harsh but with this them scholarship grantee wont be targeted by them annoying Bullies.................
and in turn have more time learning and getting along with the student body
im not saying financial aid system is bad but lets face it with that system it will be hard to live a life of a student instead your like doing part time job instead of keeping the money, all income goes to school for tuition fees

edit
there is no POOR student who is rank 100 below
since they are poor the poor always strie to be the best no matter what
tried and proven both in anime and reality
and i can vouch since in my school and former college all ther top 50 rankees almsot all of the scholarship grant student i know is in that top 50
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote