View Single Post
Old 2013-04-18, 19:55   Link #970
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Nope. The kind of ending you're asking here is the kind of ending that'll hurt more than stimulate people's curiosity.
Take a random mystery book, go to the page where the case is solved (the identity of the culprit is revealed, motif of the crime explained, etc ...) tear off that page and the ones after that ; then make someone read that book and observe their reaction when they make it to the torn section of the book.

No, I'd still say the Claymore route is far worse. It basically destroyed any chance at continuing the story short of a full remake, while not resolving basically any plot thread. It effectively burned its bridges behind it, then burned the bridges in front of it for good measure. It is far worse to read a good book and then have it suddenly end in a nonsensical matter without any real conclusion, with no chance of it ever being resolved.

At least with a cliffhanger ending, the manga is still there to continue the story even if the anime doesn't continue. I also think most long-going anime fans far prefer the chance at the anime continuing, or at least want the canon material respected so it doesn't become bastardized.