Thread: Smite
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-23, 08:49   Link #1
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Smite

Official Site

Trailer

I've never played a MOBA before (which is what this is unless I'm horribly wrong), so it's all kinda new to me. But I saw this today, downloaded it and I've played a few games and I have to say I've had a lot of fun with it. It's quite amusing running around as one of the ancient Gods just beating the crap out of others.

The skills for the gods are all pretty apt, and fairly unique, and really visually impressive. Possiden's Kraken skill really stands out for sheer screen hogishness. The Gods and Goddesses are all also quite nice to look at, and some of the alternate skins are just swee. I'm quite the fan of Neith, nice and mobile with loads of escapes, and her victory dance is just hilarious. Tried Freya, she feels really awesome to play and her ultimate is quite cool but I kept getting my ass handed to me in the arena game mode. Kali just shreds the shit out things, she really bloody hurts. Bastet is almost as painful. Ra is quite awesome, LOADS of AoE. Posiden's ultimate is just freakin nasty, unleash the Kraken indeed. Hades also looks quite cool, loads of AoE there to. Cupid... yeah.. Cupid, lol.

There are a few game modes, Conquest, Assault, Arena, Domination, Joust and something called Cool Cats... which involes Anhur, Bastet and Ymir doing... things.

God List with Lore, gear and skills.

Check out the youtube page for some interesting videos on the Gods and Goddesses, tutorials and so on.