View Single Post
Old 2006-07-04, 22:36   Link #264
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiocode
I don't understand how if Episode 14 is really Episode 6, chronologically, what is up with the other 8 episodes after that? If they happen after that big dream sequence in episode "6," why has Haruhi and Kyon's relationship not progressed at all? Why is Haruhi still unsure of the existence of the paranormal in those 8 episodes when she had already had a paranormal experience? Also, didn't Kyon say he would tell her about the espers, time travellers, and aliens? So doesn't that mean he would tell her about Mikuru, Yuki, and Koizumi; so shouldn't she know of their true identities in episodes "7-14?"
Hmmm there's a whole lot of explanation you'll need lol

Firstly Kyon did want to tell Haruhi everything:
Spoiler:
The anime is named Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu is the title of the 1st novel, currently theres 8 novels and still going.

Basically, the main story of the anime is only covering the 1st novel. The 1st novel has 7 chapters, which is compressed into 6 episodes in the anime. 8 other episodes are 'fillers' taken from the other novels. The reason for doing such and then rearranging the episodes is to provide optimum character and story development.

There are 8 novels, all of them have a prologue and epilogue and varies from 5 to 7 chapters.

The other novels have a whole lot story that's very different from what we saw in the anime, the anime is only a very little part of the entire story.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/