View Single Post
Old 2007-02-24, 20:13   Link #1204
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
If what you say is correct, then caliburn is a four-handed sword...(I half want someone to scream 'yes' and agree with this statement actually...) A longsword is a two-handed sword, though it is always used in conjunction with a shield in duels during the middle ages.
In real life there are standards for different types of one-handed and two-handed sword...(e.g. a standard Claymore weights 2.5kg and 130cm).

as for saber being weaker---she's a heroic spirit--spirit has no weight(at least I think? There's no information on weight in the character information so I assume so). Since excalibur is part of the heroic spirit it should be weightless...

Girl power! Saber is not weaker at all...her strength is on par with beserker(Heaven's Feel route shows Saber fighting equally with Beserker) and even overwhelms Archer in the beginning of the story. She can swing her blade so fast and furious that Lancer is having difficulty keeping up with it. She is capable of breaking Shirou's bones with a toy sword(one of the bad ends in the game) Do I need so say more?

I think in order to determine the nature of beserker's blade we have to decrease the size of beserker into that of an ordinary human, then we decrease the size of his blade with the same scale. Then we can determine the 'relative size' of beserker's blade.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote