View Single Post
Old 2006-10-02, 23:29   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Lemon Angel Project must have worked for Avex Mode, so they decided to do a second version with more money: top seiyuus, better animation, more music. Sure it's hard to keep the characters straight. Sure we've seen this before. Sure there was faaar too much fairly average music right at the beginning (I thought: will anyone ever actually speak?) And more fanservice (especially crotch shots). And an imouto. And yet...I liked it.

Of course, I liked Lemon Angel Project, too, so that may not prove much. I must be beginning to understand the Japanese idol phenomenon. After all, I watch Kirarin Revolution, too. Anyway, I love any show with scenes on a pedestrian overpass, lol. Takes me right back to Japan.

Contrary to what someone else said, the seiyuus were good. I didn't really know Momoi Haruko before, and I liked her deep, soft voice. Chihara Minori (Yuki in SHnY, Erika in Lemon Angel Project). Gotou Yuuko (Mikuru in SHnY, Nanami in Lamune). Nogawa Sakura (Nemu, Hinaichigo, Ayumi in Magikano). Nakahara Mai (Nagisa in StoPani, Mai in Mai-HiME, Rena in Higurashi, etc.). Sakai Kanako (Aka in REC). Your basic fabulous line-up. They didn't get a chance to do much in this episode, but if they get some script, they have the ability to run with it.

Getting the script may be the problem, since the director and the main scriptwriter did Amenaideyo. But the main scriptwriter also did series composition for Utawarerumono, and the series composition guy worked on Galaxy Angel, Maburaho, and Mahoraba, so we'll see what happens -- or at least I will, since I'll be back next week, if no-one else will. Links to info about the staff/cast are in the fall anime calendar in my sig.

EDIT: And just to prove what a nutcase I am about seiyuus, here is a visual key to which character is voiced by which seiyuu.

EDIT 2: Yes, what relentlessflame says is right: the first throng of idols are bit players. The real stars are the four girls (plus two) that appear later.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-03 at 00:36.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote