View Single Post
Old 2010-01-02, 00:32   Link #851
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Yea people generally love TTGL's characters more than anything, especially the non mecha fans it attracted.

And Kamina was loved so much by non mecha TTGL fans that the show is getting hate from mecha fans. People who've watched TTGL as their only Super Robot anime, thinks that Kamina is like the greatest mecha character ever, which offends lots of mecha anime fans.
I wouldn't even consider Kamina to be the best character in TTGL, that title belongs to Simon easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
That's why I haven't watched it yet <_<, though I plan to eventually since I enjoyed needless, and they're supposed similar from what all people said in the Needless thread.

Also on Baccano friend showed me the first episode of it few days ago, and honestly I've never felt so WTF just happened in a series for first episode[in a bad way] before it kinda pushed me away some from it does it make more sense as it goes on cause the first episode was way tooo chaotic, and annoying to follow for my tastes.
It is chaotic but that was one of the reason why I was sucked into the show. And I like beginning like this, it was similar with Z-Hen as well. The conclusion is almost defined so it didn't need cheap cliffhanger to make the show incredible instead the middle part of the show was what made it great. And without those cheap cliffhanger the show is much more enjoyable the second time as you noticed lot of things that you would only realize after watching the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Heh, that's the last reason I'd pick (characters were extremely simple and not really interesting, were it not the point of the series to be an extremely simple but extremely well done and exaggerated run of the mill growing-up story).
Well the simplicity was one of the likable things about them for me. But yes the show being very direct was one of the best thing about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Spoiler for space:
Lol, thanks for those posts, though to be bad that you didn't like the characters from Baccano!. As for me I love all the characters for their own interesting way. But each to its own.