Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-16, 23:39   Link #95
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Boy if the politics in our world are anything close to the lies, backstabbings, and deceit of this fantasy world, $hit...We should just give up now...This is no place for the noble Lord Stark or apparently the effin' head of a horse! (WTMF?!!)

Game of Thrones is one of the most masterful shows I've watched in some time...It isn't really the weight of the plot, or the chess pieces that are littered upon the mechanized kingdoms found in the credits, obviously the characters, but even more than that, it's the realism of fantasy...I have to slap my face every few minutes to remind myself that this $hit isn't real...The authenticity of this world is just so outstanding...I thought HBO's 'Rome' was killing it, but $hit if I don't look outside my bedroom window for Dragons to resurface...

I thought there were several great performances in this episode (Sean Bean, Aiden Gilliam no doubt, the ballhead Lord) but I think one of the more understated performances (beneath the endless scheming taking place) was the KING...So far he's played his misguided oaf role pretty well, but what I saw this episode was a jaded man, but man of consequence...Clearly he understands the politics of this world morso than Ned Stark, his spider of a wife, and those conspiring just under his breath...His "5 vs. 1" diatribe was pretty revealing and showed that underneath his womanizing alcoholism is someone who actually understands the price of this budding war..I also find his shouting spells to be quite entertaining^^...But he showed me much more character this episode, peppered with cold-emotion...The lost of his true love being the bitter hole he fills with the cynicism of his caricature...

So now pretty boy action-figure (A.K.A Jaime Lanaster) knows that Stark has his brother and the fight ensues...How a man could frame his own brother with one hand, fingerbang his sister with the other, and use the entire farce as an opportunity to kill Ned Stark...I can only wait patiently for the cold dish that awaits that sadistic sonuvab!tch someday(I don't care that he looks like Battle-Damaged He-man^^)...Please though, let's not serve it with breast milk as that's a meal more suited for a 10 year kid courtesy of his bat$hit for brains mother ...

Can't wait to see the fallout from Ned's fight...And what of my favorite character the Imp...Imp!!! Don't be Dragon giblets!!!