View Single Post
Old 2008-12-25, 13:39   Link #1395
theorys
Astral Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I see religion as a way to instill fear into people--the fear to be smitten by their god if they don't do what he says.
I hate posts that say religion instills fear, bla bla.

Religion is simply there because man is mortal and fears death. So we create mystical beings to replace the fear of oblivion.

Religion is actually liberating to the millions of followers, and as you get older, you see more people believing in it. It doesn't get any better. Why, as people get older, should they be more inclined to lean towards religion? The reason is simple: when you're young, it's easy to be atheist. But as you get older, the fear of oblivion far outweights anything so people tend to incorporate 'some' of the belief systems that they choose into their own psyche to deal with the fear of death.

Is there anything wrong with this? Of course not.

The problem is when you have kids who are brainwashed into thinking all they need to read is one book at so-called universities to receive an education. That's my problem with it. Any college that teaches dinosaurs are from 4000 years ago should be extinct themselves.
theorys is offline   Reply With Quote