Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 14:14   Link #555
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

As amusing as Taichi and Inaba's confessions were, I have do have to agree with some of the posters that usual harem cliche of all the girls going after one guy does get a bit old after a while.

As for an idea for a potential fanfic (or really, they should have made an anime of this) that could have some amusing, but mostly consist of more serious drama, with a (seriously) darker and edgier tone:

Kokoro Connect: Global

Basically, the cast of Kokoro Connect end up as part of a wide body switching phenomenon between people around the world, including North America (either, or possibly both US and Canada), various European (UK, France or Germany, Russia) and Asian countries (I'll probably include some one from China and/or India), and a war-torn Middle Eastern or African country, possibly for the point of view of a teenage ex-child soldier forced to constantly flee... or kill to survive.

I would probably include at least two people in each location, so that the characters on opposite ends of the world can "talk to each other" (I was planning to have them to swap not only conciousness, but also knowledge of each other's language).

I'm afraid I might not get around to writing this, what with all my other ideas... Definitely won't be for a while as I'll be out of town for a couple weeks starting tomorrow. Why do the plot bunnies keep hopping around in my head!?

Though I am tempted to do one at least featuring the canon cast and the African/Middle Eastern ex-child soldier, I suspect having Iori end up in the hot seat first (have fun!?). Will Iori survive in a country where you are hunted down day and night, and forced to kill or die? Will they make it through with their sanity intact? And will our African friend keep his sanity in a situation he can't shoot or run his way out of?

And before you ask, no, I do not hate Iori. I just chose her as she would probably be the least prepared. Naturally, Taichi, Yui, Aoki, and Inaban will end up there as well, with Inaban's trust no one attitude proving itself an asset for once and Taichi, will naturally play the role of the "selfless freak" as usual...

Last edited by SPARTAN 119; 2012-07-28 at 14:43.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote