View Single Post
Old 2011-08-17, 14:25   Link #303
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Yes, fitting a city into a ship that transforms. You realize that when SDF first transformed, the entire city was destroyed. Why didn't they think of that when they built the city? Then they wouldn't have had to use so many materials to fix it.
It was never intended to transform in the first place. It turned out that was the only way to fire the main cannon. Later, they did manage to fix the city so that transformations were painless.

Quote:
Not only that, but the "pinpoint barrier?" Ugh...
Again, the best they could do with what they had. Even Claudia said it was small...

Quote:
And they kept falling into the Zentradi's traps. Even when someone warned them... they still did it. Hikaru is a good example of a LOT of those moments.
Okay, I got NO idea what you're talking about here...

Quote:
What made little sense to me was WHY the Macross arrived on Earth and how they built a city inside it when they knew nothing about the ship. They spent less time trying to understand the ship and more time judging the Zentradi. One thing that Focker said really made sense to the WHOLE series: "maybe they want something that's inside the ship we don't see?" You realize he was the only one who had a level head out of the whole crew?
Again, I don't know what you're talking about. They spent ten years rebuilding the ship, but yes, there were still a lot of mysteries. The Zentradi didn't want anything that was IN the ship, though...they wanted THE SHIP (and reaction weapons).

Quote:
Once again... for the 80s, it was a good story.
No doubt you think of the '80s as "old." What do you think of, say, lit from the 10th century?