View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 01:03   Link #29568
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
If it's a "what-if scenario", it's something that would have really happened if the "if" was true.

If it's fiction, it's something that someone imagines could have happened or could happen at best, and something that has absolutely no relation to reality at worst.
Hm... I think there's a lot of crossover here. I think that if it's fiction, written fiction, that exists in Prime then it's in a sense more real because then it has power to influence Prime. To go similarly cyclical to AuraTwilight, the fiction influences Prime which influences new fiction, which influences Prime again, and so on. And any fiction that depicts events shrouded in a cat-box is a legitimate what-if scenario, at least until the cat-box is opened.

Funny that one of the difficulties with Umineko is that we probably know more about what's inside the cat-box than what's outside. It's kind of a weird, inverted viewpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
The scene we saw in arc 4 was actually a figurative event. What really happened is that Ange understood Kasumi and managed to bring her to her senses. The "Kasumi" that we are presented in arc 4, which is mostly an equivalent of Rosa's "dark witch", died as a result of that. Afterward Ange vanished because she changed her name to be a Sumadera and continued to live with Kasumi as a happy family - seperating herself from her past by giving up on her family name, much like her brother did before her.
Well, the point I'm making is that if the 1998 EP4 narrative was a cat-box that existed as a fictionally written story in Prime, Kasumi's status should be independently verifiable and thus a way to falsify that fiction. Of course if Kasumi did disappear at that time for some reason it could still work. Actually, it wouldn't be such a surprise if Okonogi was responsible for that, even if Kasumi never chased Ange to Rokkenjima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Witch Hunters notice Ange Ushiromiya went missing in 1998. FANFICTION TIME <3
Haha, but I think the question is about why RK07 would have us read Witch Hunter fanfiction.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote