View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 17:10   Link #859
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I live in Oregon, where we have volcanoes, earthquakes, and are awaiting a plate tectonic quake of 9+. *Everyone* is encouraged to have several weeks or more of supplies. I'm not even sure how to respond to someone who thinks "lots of earthquakes = desensitization and therefore not preparing".

I just think the equivalencing of wariness or preparedness with "fear" is just subtle name calling.

Quote:
I just want to know how we can make it very very difficult for potential mass killers from acquiring any kind of weapons that make killing so easy, such as guns. They are the ones that don't care what the method is as long as they can kill as many people as they can in a very quick succession. The thing is, they tend to be rather average looking and very hard to pick out as "threats" using "guns" until it's too late.
Same here. So its annoying when people I otherwise agree with start calling me names or stamping "witch" on my arm.

I mentioned machete (or swords) because many anti-gun folks are so unfamiliar with martial concepts they seem to think the babies are safe because they've gotten rid of ugly guns.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-12-20 at 17:15. Reason: blergh wrong word
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote