View Single Post
Old 2011-08-17, 20:08   Link #23787
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
I can't speak for the scene since I haven't seen it but, are you sure it was really a 4th wall break and not something like ''To all the theatregoer witches out there, please vote me as the most super*pop*cute witch ever!'' or something like that?

Or did she go
''to everyone who bought the game, please vote for me in Ryukishi's character poll!''
Well, basically we are the theatregoing witches.
And in the end it is at least a 4th wall break because she actually admits that what is happening right now is a play that is conducted for the witches. So the part that is directed towards us would actually be something like a 5th or 6th wall break in Umineko.

And it was the time when they launched another poll on the website if I remember correctly...so it was aimed towards us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
Because I had the feeling that Bernkastel was some allusive metaphor towards us and that there were certain events in the story that were supposed to be allusions to the real world, such as Beatrice's death possibly being an allusion to BT's. Furthermore, most good stories tend to have a snippet of the real world in them and some of them are often social commentary, otherwise they would be completely unrelatable. So, please don't laugh, I'm asking a perfectly legitimate question.

Anyways, I believe that Ikuko and Featherine represent subjective truth as Ikuko likes to hear other people's intrepretations of her stories and Featherine likes to hear her own truths spoken through other people's mouths
The day AT doesn't laugh about or sneer at somebody...
Sorry AT but it's how you come across...I'm not trying to judge...

And I wouldn't know wether we should actually link Umineko to Ryűkishi's private life. Not everything an author writes is inspired by his iminent relationships.
Umineko can be seen as a commentary on truth, dedication towards truth and love, how society treats truth...and so on. I don't know if he actually wanted to comment that far or if he just wanted to write a mystery story.
But I'm at least that far on ATs side with "Death of the Author" that I'd say we should exclude iminent personal experiences of the team from the analysis because anything regarding their ideas concerning those topics would be beyond analysis and thesis and reach towards actual conjecture.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote