View Single Post
Old 2006-01-13, 20:02   Link #110
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I blame Sister Princess. Imouto characters who adore their Oniichan has increased ever since it was aired. :P

J/k! Of course I know the little sister has been around way before SisPri has ben aired. XD

But seriously, Magikano is incest? All I see is the eldest sister wanting to cook for her older brother, whats wrong with seeing your family fed?

In Kagihime, all the little sister wants is to give the completed book to his older brother. What's wrong with giving you brother presents?

In Lamune, all the little sister wants is for the main character to keep his promise. What's wrong with wanting to spend more time with family?

I think you're letting your imagination run wild for you. :P

Okay SERIOUSLY seriously now, yes there's incest undertones in the shows you mentioned. But you can be like me and turn a blind eye to that. It isn't hard, as it's not overt right? Why ruin an otherwise good show? Magikano is all about the laughs (oh come on, don't tell me you didn't laugh with the hero falling in love with an... don't want to spoil it), Kagihime is all about bunny girls fighting each other, and Lamune is just about 'feeling good'.

But incest in Canvas2? BLASPHEMY! :P

Seriously though, marrying your cousin doesn't seem to be illegal in Japan, as long as he/she isn't your first cousin from what I have been told. Heck, marrying your cousin wasn't even considered 'incest' in western culture till of late (ever read Cyrano de Bergerac?)

For the record, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of brother/sister blood related incest either (I can't believe I watched 2/3 of SisPri though, biggest waste of time T_T). But hey, if there are anime about guys getting it on with robots, pedophilia, and homosexuality, then incest can't be too far behind. Anime is a liberated form of media. :P

Quick trivia though, robo-love, pedo, homo, and incest all appears in Card Captor Sakura. And this is what young girls watch/read in Japan? XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote