View Single Post
Old 2007-10-16, 15:19   Link #49
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Actually if you notice, Riful only says that about Clare and Jean, the two partially awakened, she does not say anything about Galatea, I guess she realy did not like the idea of Alicia measuring her power.

So both Rubel and Riful could be correct, Rubel in that Awakening "awakens" your potential power, and Riful in that Jean and Clare could increase there power before awakening fully.
Yeah, the idea of Alicia measuring her power didn't please Riful at all, but she could just have taken Clare, Jean and Galatea by force. (Galatea is definitely in Riful's plans as we saw in Riful's conversation with Clare)
If there is no difference between making you awake now or at any other time, because you are going to unleash all your potential anyway, she could just have taken them away to another place, out of Alicia's sense range and started the torture there.
But Riful was also very impressed by their united efforts which were able to defeat Duff, so she wouldn't harm them anymore because of that.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that one information totally contradict another.
I'm still not convinced, and this is one of the only uncertain points that I can see in the whole plot. (Not exactly a plothole, but a confusing issue)

Also, Rubel could just be trying to scary Clare, as he often does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurie View Post
Galatea's ability to tweak yoki is that a learned skill or something from the yoma flesh she aquired? it's not something we ever learned so who really knows. Terresa sure never showed she has such a skill or for that matter that she was that generation's eye. Just leaves more questions than answers i guess.
My interpretation of Galatea's abilities:

Galatea excels at sensing yoki, thus can sense it with great details.
She can clearly see the yoki spreading from a blow. But in this same blow, there are places where the yoki flow is irregular.
By aligning her own yoki with these irregular spots in the blow, Galatea is able to manipualate a little of the blow's direction.
The exception of this would be when the opponent is attacking with its full power, so this breach wouldn't be possible, since there is so much energy in the opponents blow that the sensing of these irregular spots would be nearly impossible.

The "tweak", used to avoid one to awaken, is the manipulation of the yoki flow in order to lessen and stabilize the yoki, using the same basics (alignment of yoki).
It can be used in the same way to make one awaken too, with the reverse process (aka AB in the Northern campaign).

Galatea mastered this technique/specialization like no one.

We never heard something related to youma tissues, so I guess it is just an unusual and rare gift or aptitude.
That's why Galatea is so special and the Org couldn't get rid of her when they wanted.
Riful is also really interested about her abilities, for whatever she discovered that needs someone who can manipulate yoki.

-----------------

And about the stats, there is only a few points that I disagree with the evaluations.
Again, It's about our dear Galatea.

Galatea: No.3 (185 CM Tall)

Yoki: A
Agility: B
Strength: B+
Mental: A
Sensing: A+
Leadership: B

Leadership, Mental, Strength and Agility are all Ok and well measured.

The issues are Yoki and Sensing.

Yoki:

Galatea herself said that from all Claymores, her strength is the most increased when she releases.
So that, her yoki should be evaluated as A+, to separate her from others A yoki Claymores, like Ophelia.

Sense:

Actually, her sense is Ok, it is an A+, a really powerful level. But analysing the complexity of her technique, I would say that she deserve an S.
Teresa's and Galatea's sense technique are very similar, they both sense the yoki flow in a really detailed way, the difference is that Galatea uses her sense to manipulate the yoki flow, while Teresa just does nothing with it, she only avoid the hits with her sense.
Maybe for Galatea, it's not the most efficient way to use her sense, but complexity-wise, it is a much more difficult task I guess.

Heck, Galatea should have EX in all her stats.

Last edited by Fate_Archer; 2007-10-16 at 15:37.