View Single Post
Old 2008-08-26, 08:00   Link #2056
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Well, its not like I want her to die. But more that Geass has to be destroyed by the end of this series if the end is to make sense at all.

I'm of the impression that they already wrote off C.C.'s character at Ep.15, since the method with which they reintroduced her means that she was not forced into being removed from the plot by circumstances and did it herself. That is usually how a character is removed from the plot. In that time they gave us the original, uncorrupted person below C.C.. Her sudden reintroduction, in my opinion, is to wrap up her character.

Her being immortal would just be a 'fuck you' to her character. She does not want to be immortal, and if she is, she's going to outlive Lelouch in the end, again. (note: I do not see Lelouch becoming immortal as that would make the ending rather... pointless. There's no suspense or drama if the main character cannot die.)
Oh, and I don't want her to die because i don't want Geass to be destroyed. Why destroy it? Because people use it for "bad" things? Then destroy all weapons, and humans. It's not Geass's fault that people use it for bad means. And heck, without Geass Lelouch is no one, no matter what he was saying about planning to do rebellion without Geass.
In my opinion, with present level of science in CG, Geass can't be destroyed. The most it can do is to limit the number of people with Codes to one. But that one will be close to God ( or even surpass him). So Geass will exist.

About C.C. being immortal, won't it make her ending both tragic and happy? If she will realize that immortality is not only a curse ( apart form not able to have children and watching you husband cheat on you and then die). It also gives you chance to watch the progress of humanity, and travel to distant stars~.
And about Lelouch being immortal. I have no fucking idea what will it happen with him. Everything on this point seems as bad writing. It's zugzwang.
Even though i want Lelouch to become immortal, it will remove most of tension, like you said. Lelouch staying mortal... Who get's the Code? C.C? Hm.. not a bad idea. Ok, Lelouch stays mortal and with geass. Fine by me. He can even kill C.C. ( if he will dare <.<) when she will be tired of him.

But there goes my dream of childless immortal couple, in which husband will have to make kids with other women. Drama!

Oh, and about Marianne, because she certainly could seal herself with Charles or take the Code. I don't think it will happen this way.
I think she will just stay in Anya's body, enjoying the life.
( Ye-ye, that's very cruel to Anya, but i don't like saying "One death is tragedy, One Million a statistic)
It's like semi-immortality. Or phenomenon.
Like Marianne takes body of some person when...something interesting happens. So that she can enjoy it (eeeevil~).
But it's not immortality as immortality( because she doesn't want it), she lives only in intervals of time ( I hope you get what I'm trying to say - her life is like that of Tatami from Melty Blood).
So Marianne will just enjoy her life in new loli body.
And help destroy Charles, who could ruin her plan by doing that God-destruction-thing.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote