View Single Post
Old 2011-06-14, 20:41   Link #45
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

When I was a child, anime usually meant something more substantial/mature/plot-worthy than most kid shows that'd otherwise be aired on national tv.

During high school/college, anime meant a much needed break from schoolwork.. or more accurately, a break from the shipping debate wars for a particular book series I participated in during my actual break (yes you read that right; break within a break lol).

Nowadays? I just watch anime because it's the medium that has the greatest chance for me to find something to ship for. I mean sure, it's not the sole reason why I watch anime. Other reasons include... moving art is the reason why I prefer it over manga; HanaKana is ALWAYS a pleasure to listen to; and it doesn't need interaction from me so it's a break of pace from gaming (aka. League of Legends).

But for the most part? Yeah, it's to find more childhood friend couples, because they are most numerous in Japanese animation, and they'd win more often than not (unlike say, Korean dramas, or heaven forbid, Western shows). Yeah, being a shipper is too ingrained in me for such a long time that I just can't shake it off lol, and anime is my only outlet for it. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote