View Single Post
Old 2013-04-09, 12:52   Link #319
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
homura can stil resort to talking to oriko, os they cna have an agreement that homura will take care of madoka not becoming a mahou shoujo and if she ever does oriko can kill madoka. that's irrelevant for homuar as madoka is an insta witch if she becomes a mahou shoujo to fight walpurgis.
Yeah, that might work, assuming Oriko or any other spinoff character is even relevant in other timelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Spoiler for higurashi:
Alright, thought so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So basically, you just want to hand-wave away every possible continuity/character issue, and say "It works. Somehow."

Not every fan is going to find that a satisfying approach. What you call "thinking too hard" is what another fan considers a perfectly legitimate desire to understand a fictional universe that they care about.

It's much, much cleaner/easier to simply say that Oriko Magica is an AU narrative unconnected to the main anime narrative. And you're done. So that's my position, and I don't see anything wrong with it.
I dunno, Madoka Magica never really explains how all the time travel works. If Higurashi can have variables that are completely unrelated to the performing the loops, why not PMMM?

That, and going by the comic book analogy, how often do AU stories end with "alright, back to doing more of the same"?

That being said, I doubt Shinbo or Urobuchi even care enough to decide whether or not the spinoff characters even exist in the anime's timelines.

Also, this spinoff makes PMMM franchise feel more "complete" as a copy of Kamen Rider Ryuki, at least for me.

Spoiler for Ryuki stuff:

Maybe a weird reason, but it filled in something that I honestly feel the anime itself was missing. Yes, I probably do have odd reasons for liking things.

Last edited by Shyni; 2013-04-09 at 13:31.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote