View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 02:51   Link #12
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
It... happens all the time?

I mean, it's not that hard to make a convincing antagonist (in terms of power-level only) and also have him/her lose in a logical way. If you want examples, basically every battle shonen series pulled it off at least once in their run. Check out One Piece for repeated success of what you're looking for.
Luffy is overpowered? I stopped following One Piece shortly after Crocodile. Enemies before crocodile is just plain weaker than Luffy, and they spend 20+ episode hyping up crocodile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Um, with regards to Saki and asspulling... all you need to read is this:

http://www.epicwin.org/2009/08/16/sa...ty-episode-19/

Can't get a more prime example than this.
We all know Saki is not realistic. That is different from asspulling. Within universe what Saki had pulled is nothing special. Since ep 1 we had been told this is Saki's ability. Asspulling means it is difficult/impossible to explain even within universe logic.

Also, I think Toguro is a good example that is done right. However, it didn't change that they spend 30+ episode hyping Toguro up. Is there any series that is within 2 cour that did that successfully?
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote