View Single Post
Old 2009-11-29, 22:19   Link #295
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStormtrooper View Post
In VC, Yuri could possibly be sent to the GSSR by the Soviet ending of YR, with the change being that he's sent to Gallia, where either Marchenko or Max (neither knowing who he is) enlist his aid, giving him the ground work to start over again.

Cue Backstab.
Yep, I can see Yuri trying to worm his way into being the puppetmaster behind the Empire. Or something.

Quote:
The Soviets here were sent back from the end of Red Alert 1, Allied victory (and canon ending leading to RA2). Note that the Empire's tech level is near actual WWII levels, sans aircraft. The Soviets, and thus the GSSR, have a tech level more closely resembling Vietnam, give or take (Iron Curtains, Tesla Tanks, Mi-24 Hinds, etc.).
Which I'm guessing the Empire is aware of, which would explain some of their 'black' programs (crash efforts at catching up). As noted, the applications of airpower exhibited by Allies and Soviets alike must have been a big eye-opener to folks in the rest of Europa and beyond.

Quote:
I thought so. But how would I get something like that into text form?
Indeed, Yuri and Psycho Mantis are very similar in terms of psionic powers. If you're planning to let your inner jerkass have some fun with a Mantis-inspired boss fight, I'm sure there're multiple entries in FanFiction.net's MGS directory wherein folks have tried their hand at putting that into prose.

Quote:
This... is... SOVIET GALLIA! Seeing as how Marchenko holds all the power (and a particularly jumpy right hand), he simply needs a feeble excuse to go to war. Truth be told, Marchenko's ambitions easily rival those of Maximillian.
True enough. On the one hand, if someone drops a good excuse into your lap, why waste it? Of course, making the Big Pronouncement comes after KGB has quietly done what it can in turning those agents it can, 'disappearing' those it couldn't, and using the former to feed disinformation to the Empire about the GSSR's state of readiness, etc.

Quote:
You have a good point; though, perhaps Max's first run in with the Tesla tanks could be because he attacked the research base that Moskvin was having the tanks developed from...
Yep, there you go. Unfortunately for the attackers, the Tesla ordnance isn't the only thing Moskvin's been playing with in there.

Quote:
...(while singing his horrible rendition of the 'Hymn of the Soviet Union.I figure, in that respect, Moskvin and Edy could be a bit similar, albeit Nikolai a bit more unscrewed.)
I'm sorry, this just begs for another blooper-reel moment: Moskvin and Edy take on karaoke night at 'Dreamland'...
Here, have gratuitous Edy image:

Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote