View Single Post
Old 2008-01-07, 06:26   Link #89
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't know... I also noticed a few translation issues in the Conclave-Mendoi subs... And if it's something even I notice, than it makes me feel unconfortable, because my japanese isn't really THIS good.
Menclave's subs aren't perfect, but they are as perfect as it gets. I don't really understand why you feel which parts are 'uncomforable' because I actually know Japanese enough to speak it and a few iffy parts seems to flow pretty well. Nyoron gets a lot more wrong and their scripting pace is off (I noticed since their Gurren Lagann efforts. Which fell well short of BSS's efforts back then), so I permanently switched to Menclave. And I agree that Shinsen's is pretty good overall. Just not as fast or as well done as Menclave's.

As for the Green Hornet, I thought it was pretty cool. FINALLY some hand to hand action. I can't remember when, if ever there was that kind of physical intervention before.

Also, it's nice to see Celestial Being one-up everyone without firing anything. Very crafty touch. And also crafty of Setsuna to pull a Death Note style Light act. Though I think Setsuna is probably a lot kinder in heart even in his dual-face than Light ever was.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote