View Single Post
Old 2011-02-22, 19:31   Link #681
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
One random thought I had... witches are punishment. Much like that one familiar that bounces you one time for each lie? That's an... odd way to prey upon humanity. If someone has never lied, then they are safe.

So some support for the "Kyube is evil" theory would be that he is interfering in the natural punishment of humans.

On the flip side, it's kinda like a religious thing. "I will punish humanity with these witches, but give them one hope. I will send a creature to earth, and if young girls will take up the mantle to fight, then they can help cleanse mankind of it's sins. But it must be their choice alone; they must bear the hardships."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGrey View Post
there's a difference between not knowing the wish & not having one.
I would argue that there is... considering Madoka still doesn't have a wish. I mean, she just wanted to fight before, and wasn't really concerned about a wish. ("How about cake?")

Quote:
saving humanity? or defeating witches? and the two are not the same. his goal could very well be collecting grief seeds. isnt that speculation?
Yep. Just like what you were saying is speculation.

Quote:
facts are facts. their interpretation is speculation
They are indeed.^^

Quote:
she had literally no choice but to either die or agree; not much of a choice
But you said the safer road was not to believe in him because he leads to death.

Quote:
the way it ended... there was at least the option of greater # of family members surviving the other way around. i can hardly call father butchering his family the right way to go.
How do you know he wouldn't have butchered them? Or maybe they would have died to starvation, Kyoko included? At least this way, she survived. Or maybe the kids would have been sold off. Or the father commits suicide, followed by the mother, leaving the two girls penniless, powerless and starving. Perhaps picked up and prostituted by slavers.

We know what happened, but there are plenty of worse alternatives that we can imagine, so you can't say this was the worst thing to happen to them.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote