View Single Post
Old 2011-11-04, 16:19   Link #5178
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
There is an aching pain in my coccyx area in the past few days. Have I been sitting down too much or what?
The internet can't tell without a proper examination, but very high chance your sitting posture ain't so good. Here's a good explanation:
http://www.revolutionhealth.com/foru...-health/136659

Stick your bum out when you're sitting on the chair. If you find this very difficult to do and your lower back has to tense to this, you probably have some abdominal muscle atrophy...or the chair is way too small and doesn't allow the angle for you to sit like this. If that turns out to be the case, PM me and I'll explain how to reverse it and/or get a new chair. If it's just a problem of recent habit, you're on you're way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Of course - if you don't do anything, the wax is naturally "secreted" outwards. Eventually it dries up and falls out (or you can rub it out - don't clean your ears for a while, and the next time you have to scratch your ear, you might find the wax residue on your finger).

To be honest, I'm not sure where the custom for cleaning one's ears came from. Perhaps some people had excessive wax that was visible, or maybe there was some idea that it improved a person's health. In modern days, it may be useful to clean your ears if you use ear buds, because excessive wax might build up on them over time and ruin them.

As far as I know there are no health risks from not cleaning your ears, at least for a healthy individual.
It's interesting, I was watching an anthropology documentary called 'Tribe', and at one point two of the tribal members started cleaning their ears out by hanging a forest bug inside. Which would pretty much eat the wax. Seems it's customary for humans to fiddle with themselves. Given earwax is a natural secretion, even without looking through Wikipedia (*cough*) you could predict it serves a useful function and shouldn't be removed.

Last edited by Kakashi; 2011-11-04 at 17:00.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote