View Single Post
Old 2012-02-04, 04:15   Link #3723
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
A few thoughts relating to various points in this discussion:

Alto didn't forget that Brera fllies a plane that looks just like the one that tried to blow him out of the sky. In fact I think that's a big part of the reason he tried to pick a fight with Brera in the middle of class with a teacher present. He even says he has questions he wants to ask as he confronts Brera in that scene.
The problem is that this whole plot thread is dropped completely after that. After Brera becomes Rankas bodyguard and Alto and him have their short confrontation, nobody asks him anymore about what the hell he was doing shooting down SMS planes for shit'n giggles.

Quote:
On the other hand, it doesn't necessarily follow that he should start asking questions about Grace because he has questions about Brera. He barely knows Grace, as far as he knows she's just Sheryl's manager. They may both come from Galaxy but to him they're worlds apart.
Furthermore, Grace was Sheryls manager since her arrival on Frontier. That she was "rescued" by Brera on Gallia IV should raise some eyebrows, but then again it seems to fall under the sudden cut-off about Breras actions before episode 14.

Quote:
As for Sheryl's treatment of Miranda, I think we're supposed to assume that she caught sight of what Miranda did to Ranka earlier and deliberately snubbed her because of that.
Yep, the scene can easily be viewed that way. We see Sheryl walking in from off-screen, it is quite easy to make an educated guess that she saw and heard Miranda putting down Ranka.

Quote:
Edit: I'm wondering if this discussion should move threads since it's tending towards the series... although then again it could swing back and moving things between threads can make things hard to follow.
In my experience, trying to move a discussion between threads results in that discussion dying down to nothing in about 90% of the cases. Hence I am reluctant to do so.