View Single Post
Old 2011-09-28, 15:21   Link #481
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Regarding Yuki being "alright now" and Yasumi leaving the SOS dan occurring in the same aftermath timeline, how I interpret it is as follows; where aftermath refers to the events following the joining on alpha and beta:

Since the epilogue is a juxtaposition of alpha and beta routes, what we see isn't alpha XOR beta causes aftermath, but rather alpha AND beta causes aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasumi Surprise Final page 77
They're both you, Senpai. It's not that one is real and one is fake. It's just that the history is a little different, but it's the same time and same world.
Obviously, we cannot actually perceive 2 different histories at the same time. As a result, those timelines, alpha and beta, merged and overwrote each other. On the same page, Kuyou says, "-----This is the beginning. Of every possible crossroad…" This says that what we read in the epilogue, is merely one of infinitely many combinations of merges between alpha and beta. Thus, some sample timelines may include, history = {only beta, only alpha, current epilogue, nothing interesting happened}.

I'm not really sure where, but I'm pretty sure Kyon wondered how the world was going to resolve its multi-history issue. He seemed to understand it as whatever occurrence was believed or thought to have occurred, occurred. I can't remember.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?