Thread: Visual Kei
View Single Post
Old 2008-01-28, 00:19   Link #46
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
I dont know about X Japan's music not being the same without hide because all they have to do is find the guitarist that can play hide's part, but in my opinion, replacing the vocalist wouldn't be the same which pretty much the reason why X Japan disbanded in the first place. ^^;
Whoa now, I think we're putting a little too much stress on the vocalist [per usual, really.] Don't mind me too much, I'm cool with the fact that the vocalist being the 'voice of the band' and all, but fact of the matter is no band member is replaceable, and their sound changes pretty drastically with every line up change, regardless of the band.

And HONESTLY? I've always found to Yoshiki to be pretty average in talent as far as his voice goes. i.e he doesn't stand out from the crowd all that much. [imho, he lacks the 'it' factor.]

But as previously stated, this is just my opinion. Sorry if I got a little defensive but hide is one of the most inspirational musicians for me.
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote