View Single Post
Old 2009-07-29, 09:47   Link #1754
Alair

That was interesting... Plenty of sudden and quite unexpected stops with the story then rushing off in a completely sideways direction. The witch duel pretty much broke the silly meter, then Eva's ascension as the new witch was quite cool, not to mention her following derangement with it, Beatrice's change of heart was rather less welcome and I'd all but given up hope it was just a trick by the end.

The only thing I'm really left scratching my head at, though that's probably really just because it was the last thing that was really thrown at me, is whether Eva-Beatrice was really a separate entity from Eva or not. Her needing to sneak out of her room to kill Rosa and Maria along with the fact we never saw them both in the same place seems to imply that they had the same body (as well as her Eva-Beatrice form reverting to regular Eva-still-complete-with-shotgun once her glamor had been blown away) but if that's the case, how was she free to act as the witch in the final arc when Battler was keeping an eye on her?

And pretty much every single bit of my intuition was shouting that Ange = Beatrice up from the point she started talking with her aunt the end. Add Lambadelta's talk about the miserable condition she found "Beato" in originally, the occasions on which it seems to be implied that she might actually look quite different than how she does now, and her fixation on Battler and all the signs seem to match. Even her attack failing could be easily explained as a natural paradox in attempting to curse herself. A time warp's a necessary thing to incorporate somehow but... well, at least I'll have a pet theory to go into ep 4 with.