View Single Post
Old 2010-09-06, 00:36   Link #277
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav0kkx View Post
You also seem to be forgetting Halibel was holding her own against 2 Vizards (who we can assume after 100 years they're on a captain level) and Toshiro, so she was considerably powerful.
people seem to underestimate just how strong i think the top espada should have been (base don what we saw with ulq and grimjow)... even in a three way match like that, Toshiro himself should have been blown away in an instant; hell he should have never even lived long enough to SEE her resurrection... Lisa and Hiyori should have been the ONLY ones able to fight with her and that's ONLY while their masks were on; loss of the mask would be an instant KO

Though actually the vizards themselves i find to be another point of complaint in terms of power levels... namely that they SORELY underperformed much like the espada... I mean, when Ichigo put on his mask, the level of power he exibited was incredible, he was able to go from getting his ass handed to him to being the one delivering the asskicking... The vizards almost never exhibited that same awesome level of power difference... The power increase they received seemed minimal at best. 2 vizard captains go up against stark and loose, but normal captain Shunsui (who again should not even be strong enough to TOUCH Stark) kills stark in two hits?

Unlike Ichigo the masks didn't really feel like they made all that much of a difference. I mean, Love's attacks on stark seemed like they were not really all that more effective whether the mask was on or off... And i don't recall Lisa or Hiyori doing anything special in their fight; those two should have been so strong with their vizard masks that they would make Toshiro dizzy... Also fighting against a resurrected halibel for even a moment without a mask on should be considered utterly insane, but they do so anyway and don't die in seconds...

Mashiro is the exception to all that though... she's the only one i could see the power difference in; what with her kicking wonderweiss's ass one minute and then getting KO'd in one hit the next... That more or less echo'd how ichigo's second fight with Grimjow went... it's more like what i would have expected from these fights. but no, masks didn't seem to make that much of a difference, and people with no masks didn't have much trouble keeping up with the vizards

Though i guess i could switch up the perspective and say that it wasn't the vizards and arrancars underperforming, but the SS captains OVERperforming, being MUCH stronger than they should have been... ofcourse based on this logic, Toshiro might be able to go toe to toe with Vizard Ichigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
yeah, but weren't Toshiro and co training to become stronger in preparation for the winter war? Considering he's a prodigy and has a great amount of potential that just needed experience, I'm not surprised that he's gotten stronger since Luppi and Shawlong, and therefore can stand up to Halibel.
If i recall correctly, there was practially no time between his fight with Luppi and the fight with halibel... it was during the fight with Luppi that Orihime had been captured and i don't think Ichigo waited more than a few days before going after her...

And unlike Ichigo, the SS captains take DECADES to make real developments in strength... if they were capable of improving as quickly as ichigo, dramatic leaps in just weeks, then most of the captains would have reach their peak like Aizen did since most of them have been doing this for over a 100 years...

heh, "it is said that the vasto lorde's are stronger than the average SS Captain; as such an arrancarized Vasto Lorde would be a true nightmare... but give us like a week or two of training and we'll match that no problem"

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-09-06 at 00:55.