View Single Post
Old 2012-05-12, 19:08   Link #64
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Well, ufotable put it where the it is in the novel so there's no complain about that.

For the episode, I think my signature said it best. I guess with his backstory done I can finally complete it.
Spoiler for Kiritsugu's description:
From what I've read from the comments in the forum, the book also goes extensively into personal monologue and stuff. I've been given the impression that we were suppose to care a lot more about Kiritsugu prior to this arc. His first emotional outburst came as a surprise to a lot of people, myself included. While the story is character driven, not a single person is given the protagonist title, and does a good job spreading the points of views across the board. I think he essentially takes up the mantle with these two episodes, where he was basically just a central figure prior to this point. I feel as though the anime is basically telling me: hey, here's your guy going into the last arc. The second OP and ED makes more sense in this regard, changing from the participants of the holy grail war down to mostly Kiritsugu.

... but I feel that it has come too late.

I agree with the sentiment that Kitsurugi's story should have been told before now, and now that I've thought about it, I feel like it would have been a very nice OVA or promo or something to promote the series before it airs. Kotomine Kirei's story has been a lot more prevalent, and we've been privy to a considerable amount of his thoughts before kiritsugu.

The arc itself is pretty good, but it just feels rather out of place. I feel like it's a lost in transition from different mediums.

Last edited by AvianWing; 2012-05-13 at 12:02.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote