View Single Post
Old 2013-01-31, 15:36   Link #79
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I'm quite aware that nothing I say here will change the show's storyline, but that can't stop me from voicing my thoughts...right?

Yes, a simple look at the show's title will reveal what it's about and who is the main character. But do I have like the main characters? Sorata's not all bad (even though he has his bad moments...like any person) but Mashiro just isn't my cup of tea. Which is why I said that, in my opinion, Nanami would be a much better match.
That is all. My opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Aside from that, I'm pretty sure most guys at the age of 16 can't cook(and no shoving a pizza into the oven doesn't count), clean a household, take care of their laundry and stuff while going to school and everything. They mostly reside at hotel Mama who takes care of them. So why should their girlfriend do all of that and be that dependable person for that "stable and normal relationship".
Because I'm talking about this anime, and not real life.
Sorata can do chores.
Nanami can do chores.
Mashiro can't. Hence my example.

All I wanted to say is that, to me, Nanami feels like a "normal" choice, you know? I don't think Mashiro's braindead or anything. She's a work in progress, and while she's been showing progress, she still has a long way to go.

Both are real nice girls, no doubt about that, it's just that I prefer the normal one.
I don't expect this show's storywriters to read this forum and go "Oh my god, he is right! We should change the story!" or anything. Afterall, I am only a viewer. And I'm well aware of who the main characters are, who the supporting cast is and what's the (extremely) likely romantic pairing.

I like this show. I just don't like Mashiro because I feel like the writers have been shoving her in my face since episode one and going "LOOK AT HER! ISN'T SHE CUTE! JUST LOOK AT HOW SHE CAN'T TAKE CARE OF HERSELF! D'AWWWW!". Regardless, I'd still recommend this to others.

Saying you prefer someone in these forums can turn into a scary experience O.o