View Single Post
Old 2008-11-21, 16:17   Link #40
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
The whole animosity between the two seemed off to me though. Granted, they resolve it, but still... It just felt forced.
I agree totally. They seemed fine with each other to the point of being friend uptil now.
Although I can easily see them disagreeing, it getting that heated and both of them being THAT bitter just seemed crowbarred in.

Quote:
I can easily see why Maka did what she did. She did go too far when she punched him as she let anger get the better of her making her not too much better than him.
As much as i like Maka as a character, she's consistantly been the least reliable in a battle past episode one. She just always seems to push herself way to hard, way too fast. Like she's so eager to prove herself that she's constantly doing totally reckless things. I mean, comeon, leaping off a bridge to finish an opponent that was already beaten?
It sounds like you're letting your biased shape your reasoning here. I can understand WHY Maka reacted that way, it still doesnt make it cool. B*S has had that show-boating style from the beginning, and all of a sudden Maka decides she's going to throw a tantrum and try to get him thrown out of class because of it? Lame.
Quote:
I agree that B*S had beaten Mifune the first time regardless of whether he was holding back at that point, it's Mifune's fault for taking him lightly.
Mifune couldnt have been holding back really, despite what Angela said, Mifune's mistake was sparing him. He was trying to protect Angela, so I doubt he was fighting with kid's gloves just for some random kid simply because B*S was a kid,too. That would be dumb because in the end, losing to B*S would mean he'd get Angela killed in the end anyways. That "holding back" thing is just bs to hype up Mifune's powers the second time around. He had to be fighting seriously enough to win or else he'd be risking Angela's life for no reason.
Quote:
Actually, Stein did knock him out and we already know Sid wasn't even serious with them back then.
It was a lesson, ofcourse he wasnt trying to kill but he still fought them head on. It's not as if he's pulling punches just because he wasnt going for the kill. If anything held him back, it was fighting without a weapon.
Quote:
That doesn't mean crap, if he can't do his job or, keeps charging head long at opponent due to being arrogrant than being beat up.
Maka does the exact same thing. The only difference is B*S gets distracted by his constant bragging during fights. Maka gets distracted by her constant self doubt or need to prove herself and reach the next plateu.
Quote:
Well, I like said before, they did do it a lot before she got frustrated with him. I'm guessing his comment not needing partnerships/teamwork which what the lesson was about sent her over the edge, and made him sound like a jerk. Remember Stein said he would cut them from his classes they if didn't pass so saying what B*S did doesn't sound like someone who wanted a compromise.
This is, B*S was being a total brat and Maka could've easily handled that by just letting him have his way so they could get through the lesson, because passing is more important than her personal ego. Instead, she reacted just immaturely and tried to deck him, then trying to get him kicked out. Once that didnt work, she actually ran off, risking ALL of her teammates getting thrown out of class because of her emotional whims.

Last edited by Keiichi_chan; 2008-11-21 at 16:37.