View Single Post
Old 2010-04-28, 03:18   Link #9391
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm View Post
When you read a mystery you base your theories on the clues that were presented, same with Umineko. That is how you solve a mystery. Think of Umineko ep1-4 like a mystery novel, but the last chapter is missing. So the book ends with the detective saying he knows the answer. Just like the detective the reader can still solve and figure out the answer and result. Now Chiru we can say is basically if tons of people complained that they couldn't solve this mystery novel. So the author wrote another book about the same mystery showing a different angle so the reader sees more clues and gets closer to the answer. Chiru is the sequel if you will, it is made to help those find the answer that couldn't in the first series. If it is a good mystery story the proof is when we solve all the questions and things make sense with each other, the answer will be starring at you in the face. It will seem that we should have figured it out before. That is what a good hard mystery is supposed to do, even if you didn't figure it out till the reveal or the tip end, as you look back at it you think 'it was starring at me in the face, I should have gotten it before'
What you're describing is after the answer has been provided. I expect that of course... I'm just saying that it's very difficult to solve before we get that answer, if people won't even accept the clues sometimes, arguing back and forth.

I'm looking for ways to solve it before we come to the end. In some ways we are late already as we've been given two episodes with answers already... 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote