View Single Post
Old 2011-07-27, 00:23   Link #23412
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
...Want to explain? I think I get where you're going with this but I don't want to presume anything.
Well, how about if the real author is Jessica, and in R-Prime she had the personality and feelings for Battler that we normally attribute to Yasu?
  • Jessica grows up lonely and isolated because of her position. Suddenly, Shannon exists to be Jessica's best friend, and later Kanon exists to be her love interest after Battler stops visiting. She mysteriously doesn't notice that they're the same person, and the period of time in Yasu's life where that would have to be explained is conspicuously omitted from the story.
  • She's shown with the blonde hair and big chest that Battler likes, even though nobody takes into account that she's blonde in the narrative. Wish fulfillment?
  • She occasionally makes comments that sound innocent but seem meta in retrospect, like her snarking about Kinzo in EP1 and complaining that Battler is sleeping away his turn on the stage in EP2. She's the first person to provoke Meta-Battler to fight the witch at the end of EP1.
  • Alone among all of the other human characters, she keeps starring in TIPS where she fools around with magic.
  • Meta-Beatrice has a flashback to a childhood incident where she's called "princess" by Virgilia (Kumasawa) and breaks "grandfather's" vase, both of which are totally inconsistent with Yasu's upbringing but perfectly consistent with Jessica's.

You can even think of Yasu and Lion as Jessica's ideas of "what if I were actually a servant" or "what if I had an older sibling who could be the heir instead". Admittedly, figuring out what to do with the story of Natsuhi throwing Yasu off a cliff is a little difficult though.