View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 11:48   Link #1
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Mod Edit: I split this conversation from the Episode 1 thread. This will likely be a recurring topic of conversation throughout the series, and this is the thread where you can compare these two works by the same author. Please be civilized and don't bash one work or another. Support your points with real arguments. If you will be comparing from the novels, please use spoiler tags.

Original post follows, re-joining discussion in progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
This is what Accel World wishes it could be. I watched only one episode so far, and I already love it.
The animation was beautiful and the backgrounds were simply gorgeous.The characters design looked exactly like in the novel.

As a MMO player myself, I find the premise terrifying, especially since I'm such a bad gamer.
Actually, I would say that Accel World contains superior technology than SAO, and is actually the next step up after SAO. In AW, VR is intertwined with reality and people can access VR any time, any place provided they have BB installed. NervGear is limited by the fact that it's not mobile like the technology in AW is (And really, who wants to be walking around with a big helmet on their head anyways? ). There's also the fact that SAO takes place before AW...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-09 at 16:06.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote