View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 00:48   Link #163
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say I really want to follow Mashiro's example and throw Rita out the door. Maybe Sorata as well after the end of this episode.

Certainly has the talent and ability to be an amazing artist. But no where under the belief that people have free will does she have to be one. Let's make all the art lovers of the world happy while keeping her miserable for the rest of her life? Is Mashiro's happiness worth nothing at all?

Besides who the heck cares if she wants to spend some time making manga? She can easily go back to painting after that career is over if she cares to. It's her call and her life. Some nut from England doesn't have the right to dive into her life here and harass her into doing something she doesn't want to do.

I don't know. Just got annoyed at how Rita had the nerve to pull this kind of stunt. What kind of idiot is she to expect that Mashiro would just nod and say ok after being told to come back? Frankly I just wonder about her motives. I don't really see any good ones here. I just think she's here to punish Mashiro for being able to chase her dreams (after Mashiro "broke her"). Really stands out as very manipulative. Use Sorata to get back into that house, using Mashiro's jealousy to further aggravate the situation and then trying to get Sorata to argue her side by taking him to see the painting.

Until we are living under Destiny Plans (Gundam Seed) or Sibyl Systems (Psycho-Pass) I think Mashiro can waste whatever talents she wants. Mashiro found something so important that she went half way across the world in order to chase it. She certainly doesn't need to go back just because "the public" demands her next painting.