View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 14:15   Link #13
madmac

If this movie turns out to be an adaption and not something original, I'm still betting on a Golden Week movie. It's got drama, explosions, tons of characters, and basically, if there's one arc in the entire series so far you'd want to make a movie out of (Theatrical release mind you, not an OVA!) that would be the one.

Of course, it's also really long and requires a certain amount of build-up, so it's a still a long shot. In theory they'd do Eotw first, but...I just can't see them hoping to make money off of a movie that is based around only two characters, (and not the most popular two, either) and not just that, but kid versions of two characters out of the entire series.

Athena is popular, but lets just say there isn't a lot of chibi-athena fanart out there. I like Eotw, but it's literally as far removed from the rest of the series in tone and content as you can possibly get.

Of course, I'm also pretty much assuming we're not getting a Season 3 at this point unless the movie does really well. Honestly, if you look at where Season two ended, a Season three would have been really hard to do without putting out 50 episodes, because you've got about 10 episodes of filler-ish comedy before jumping into Eotw and pretty much everything after that is build up for Golden Week. Another 25 episode season would have ended on a massive cliffhanger and I really doubt it would have gone over well with fans.

I could be completely wrong of course, but if they are doing a movie instead of a third season, it makes sense to me.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote