View Single Post
Old 2011-08-11, 11:57   Link #2882
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I definitely think the storytelling approach in KoiChoco was interesting and important, and I'd definitely that Chisato's route is as close to "canon" as you get without outright saying so. All the other routes are basically "alternative routes", though some of them bring some interesting perspectives.

Spoiler for Love, Election & Chocolate Spoilers, reply to above:

As for Iro ni Ide ni Keri Waga Koi Wa... I found that game to be so bizarre! Graphically, it's beautiful, the characters are really nice, and the voice acting was pretty good... but the story and script were (IMO) just totally off-the-wall crazy, sometimes frustrating, and not to mention the H scenes... And I swear, if I hear another "Setsumei shiyo~!" (and the music that goes with it every single time)... I'd probably call it the most "eccentric" moege I've ever played, and this even though I'm a pretty big fan of Windmill's other work. None of this is to say that it's bad, but I think you sort of have to share the same sense of humour as the author to really get it; it's almost easier to take it as a parody, since there's very little serious in it. (Not that any Windmill game is ever totally serious, but yeah...)