View Single Post
Old 2011-12-12, 16:00   Link #19
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That's a pretty common problem across all TCG, but I think it's more that their decks are always built with 4 of each card and well made while you are forced to deal with having to draw card by card from a randomly shuffled deck. It's even worse when the number of cards you have available to chose from is limited by a game mechanic such that most battles boil down to hoping you get a good sets of draws in the first three turns and that the opponent gets tied up long enough for you to get a head start so that when it turns into a battle of attrition you have room to work with.

This happened to me VERY frequently in Marvel Trading Card game beyond the first chapter where it took me like 30 tries just to get past Pyro cause he kept getting The Blob which blocks all damage to cards behind it and has a really high defensive check to beat. Once I finally beat Pyro I got stuck on Avalanche with the same problem and was just never able to beat him. One time I got to a point where I literally needed one more hit to beat him and then the game locked up (a first for me for a DS game) so I assumed that this game really just didn't want me to beat it fair and square and switched to using other means.
They mostly averted this in the MtG: Duels of the Planeswalkers series, as opponents use the same decks you have access to. Then they had to go and make boss characters with their own unique decks, which contain multiple copies of cards that are actually on the restricted list (only one copy per deck) of the real game and are not obtainable in any way for use in your decks. There it comes right back down to hoping they get a bad draw (not likely since those restricted cards expressly make bad draws better).

I've noticed a few AI issues when the AI player is on your team as well, such as letting themselves die instead of blocking with a creature or refusing to attack with a creature when there is no downside to attacking and no benefit to not attacking. I call sabotage.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote