Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-13, 16:42   Link #1175
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salce View Post
But they weren't "random sparkles" like the flowers in episode 3.

This was a fight with nen, and there were sparkles of Kastro's green nen in the air, so it didn't feel weird to have more of those sparkles in the severed arm.

I didn't felt it like an "obvious censorship". It wasn't specially creative, but it felt right.
If they were remnants of Kastro's nen though, they'd be green, not yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Ten IS basically a layer of shrink-wrap though. As for the aura and colors thing, if you ask me I'm not sure whether aura is even supposed to have any color.
I know, but despite the animation being more impressive (the subtle movements in the ten even when the character is standing still) it's faded outside/stronger outline way of animating makes feel like less of an aura.

And aura having a color... well, no, it's never actually vocally confirmed as having it, no. And manga being black and white does little to be a visual aid here. But still, it's something I liked in the 1999 series. It gave characters a bit of uniqueness in their nen. Part of their appearance, so to speak, like eye or hair color.

I know, I know, most of this is nostalgia clouding things and all (well, except for the sparky blood censorship, since the 1999 version doesn't even have that scene so I'm completely justified in my complaints there ), but it just doesn't... feel right.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote