Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 13:35   Link #173
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It was a nice battle. While you don't really see the Earth ships being all that effective, they keep fighting.
(Music and sound effects wer good too. Just enough of the old mixed in to make it feel right. And the important scenes keep their old music queues. The new music was good too. I liked the pre-battle music)

And Yukikaze is either special, or just shows how its done. I count at least two, probably more kills from that one ship. Got to get in close, Captain.

I understand all the parts and lines that were in the 1974 version, and can figure out pieces of the rest. But I don't know all details.

The graphical display of the enemy numbers was interesting. I think they had given the numbers in the original, but only showed one ship type for the entire Gamilon fleet by then.

1 battleship
7 heavy cruisers
22 cruisers
88+ destroyers (the numbers looked like they were still going up and didn't catch if they said a final number)

I did not get a count of how large the Earth Fleet was. Only that they were more than likely outnumbered. And out classed.

But the new details are nice. Seeing the Flaship fire more than one shot is really good. Also using some of those other weapons...and showing heavy use of thrusters and some "real science" from time to time. Zero-g on Earth ships. Lots of foot holds and the like.

(In 1974, the Flagship fired only one turret at the Gamilons and it bounced off...it was hit and never fired another shot that we saw the rest of the battle. Aside from Yukikaze, I don't recall any other Earth ships firing their weapons in the 1974 version of the fight.)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-04-01 at 14:17.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote